Every four years the Old Colony Planning Council (OCPC) embarks upon an update to the region's Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). The LRTP helps determine how federal and state funding will be spent on transportation infrastructure and services in our communities over the next 20 years. Your participation in this endeavor is critical in helping shape the way funding will be spent on transportation infrastructure. We ask that you please fill out the LRTP survey and stop by one of our table events that will be held throughout the region along with other public workshops.
Goals for Regional Transportation System Investment:
- Protect and Enhance Regional Mobility
- Foster Healthy Sustainable Livable Communities
- Enhance Safety and Security
- Expand Transportation Choices
- Support Concentrated Developments to Reduce Travel Needs
- Protect the Environment and Air Quality
- Support Economic Competitiveness
As part of the LRTP process, OCPC is conducting a survey seeking public input on your transportation priorities. You can take the survey here:
For more information on the Long Regional Transportation Plan, view our LRTP presentation.